The mission of Bornfight is to build and scale digital products that help people achieve continuous and repeatable success.
Our philosophy of progress through determination, doing things that are challenging and sometimes a bit scary, and going down roads that are unknown, has led us to an incredible amount of success throughout the years. With both big and small projects from numerous different industries and countries, we always try to find something new and exciting that will inspire both us and the client, and keep all of us ahead of the game.
WE’RE HIRING A SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
Bornfight Technology department consists of around 30 developers and QA engineers across backend, frontend, mobile and QA teams. The mission of the Technology department is to develop technical solutions that continuously bring value to our client’s digital products.
We are looking for a Software Architect who will bring our definition and implementation phases of complex digital products to a whole new level. Alongside our Head of Technology, you will help shape and develop products, improve the quality standard of the department and be a mentor to less experienced developers. Your area of focus will be the whole system architecture with an emphasis on backend architecture and DevOps process.
The salary range that we are offering for this position is 25k – 40k HRK (brutto 1), depending on experience and skill-set.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define architecture of digital products, including codebase architecture, choice of cloud technologies (such as AWS services), infrastructure, tech stack, databases & 3rd party frameworks
- Maintain high quality bar of the project aligned with company’s development guidelines (tech stack, performance, architecture, clean and high quality code) and improve them to reach higher industry standards
- Introduce new technologies and approaches in the company’s tech stack
- Validate other team member’s implementational approach
- Assist other team members (from juniors to seniors) and push them beyond their current capabilities
- Improve other’s coding abilities through code review, internal educations, discussions and pairing
- Give high-level effort estimates
- Present your solutions in front of clients, stakeholders and colleagues
- Cooperate with other teams and work closely with product owners & product managers to define features and roadmap for products
- Provide strategic technical consulting to clients and product owners/managers
- 5+ years of work experience in the field of development
- Excellent knowledge of software architectures, design patterns and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of OOP and CI/CD workflows
- Good knowledge of databases (SQL/ NoSQL)
- Experience in web frameworks (such as .NET Core, Symfony, NestJS…)
- Good knowledge of DevOps tools & techniques (containerization, monitoring, testing…)
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, GCP…)
- Excellent organizational, communication and mentorship skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English language (B2) (communication with clients)
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Experience with NodeJS, PHP (Symfony), React (Next), PostgreSQL
- Experience with serverless frameworks & paradigms (such as AWS Lambda, ECS, Vercel…)
- Experience in creating digital products for startups
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- A 13” Macbook Pro
- A smartphone of your choice with a business mobile plan
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a Head of Technology, and structured biannual meetings about professional development
- Ability to define new and upgrade existing processes within the team, and change how things are done
- Parking spaces and secure storage for bikes
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines and additional reading materials
- Ability to modify your daily working hours according to your needs
- Lots of internal educations from your colleagues & external educations from industry experts
- Most likely some new friends