The mission of Bornfight is to build and scale digital products that help people achieve continuous and repeatable success.
Our philosophy of achieving progress through determination, doing things that are challenging and sometimes even borderline impossible, has led us to an incredible amount of success over the years. What kind of success? We won multiple awards for design and development, such as Awwwards' Agency of the Year. We were named the second best employer in Croatia — which is absolutely amazing, but it also means we got more work to do in order to claim the top spot. Companies that have approached us to create new digital experiences for them now include global powerhouses such as Lufthansa, British American Tobacco, Rimac Automobili, Infobip and Photomath.
And the most important success — we assembled a team of more than 80 specialists who wield the knowledge, the processes and the mindset needed to build digital products from scratch, and to guide them towards market success.
We'll be a little cheeky and say — not bad for a company launched in 2018.
But we’re not done, and we want you to join us on this path that leads to even larger achievements!
WE’RE HIRING A SENIOR BACK-END JS DEVELOPER
If this is something that interests you and that you're good at, we want to meet you!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Independently estimate and lead back-end projects
- Maintain high quality standards for the project, aligned with company’s guidelines (tech stack, performance, architecture, clean and high quality code)
- Introduce new technologies and approaches into the company's back-end tech stack
- Validate other team members’ implementational approach
- Assist other team members in their day to day tasks
- Improve other team members’ coding abilities through code review, internal educations and discussions, as well as by sharing external resources
- Proactively implement new processes into the company and improve the existing ones
- Cooperate with other teams (front-end, mobile, QA, design, PM…) to deliver value to the clients
- Consult clients and bring extra value to the project (raise any concerns and offer suggestions, technical support and advice)
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of back-end web development
- Excellent knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English (B2) language (communication with clients)
- Good knowledge of software architectures, design patterns and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of Typescript and ES6+ (OOP)
- Fluency in Node.js
- Good knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Good knowledge of git
- Good communication skills
- A team player attitude
- Good self-organisation & researching ability
- Good knowledge of modern build pipelines and tools (CI/CD)
- Good knowledge of the code review process
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Experience with the Nest.js framework
- Experience with AWS services (SQS, SNS, Cognito, Lambda, S3…)
- DevOps experience (Docker, ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes…)
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- A 13” Macbook Pro
- A smartphone of your choice with a business mobile plan
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a team leader, and structured biannual meetings about professional development
- Ability to define new and upgrade existing processes within the team, and change how things are done
- Parking spaces and secure storage for bikes
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines and additional reading materials
- Ability to modify your daily working hours according to your needs
- Lots of internal educations from your colleagues & external educations from industry experts
- Most likely some new friends
To see the full breakdown of our salary ranges for each of the departments and positions, and also learn how we define different levels of seniority at our company, go to bornfight.com.