WE’RE HIRING A SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
The mission of Bornfight is to build and scale digital products that help people achieve continuous and repeatable success.
Our philosophy of achieving progress through determination, doing things that are challenging and sometimes even borderline impossible, has led us to an incredible amount of success over the years. What kind of success? We won multiple awards for design and development, such as Awwwards' Agency of the Year. We were named the second-best employer in Croatia — which is absolutely amazing, but it also means we got more work to do in order to claim the top spot.
Companies that have approached us to create new digital experiences for them now include global powerhouses such as Lufthansa, British American Tobacco, Rimac Automobili, Infobip, and Photomath, as well as one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, Swedish Estrid.
Above client work, we are developing our own products in-house, like Elevien, a gymnastics platform for online competitions, and more to come.
And the most important success — we assembled a team of more than 80 specialists who wield the knowledge, the processes, and the mindset needed to build digital products from scratch and to guide them towards market success.
Now, we are looking for an experienced product designer with a passion for solving challenges in the startup world and ambition to shape innovative products to join a dedicated product team 🚀
Our ideal team member would be a great communicator and a skillful executioner of digital products, consumer-oriented web applications or enterprise solutions that completely revolve around users and their needs, as well as business goals.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will spend most of your time collaborating with a dedicated product team, while still being part of Bornfight’s design department as our 12th member. Besides project work, you’ll participate in the development of the whole design department and influence the quality of design in Bornfight.
This position is a unique opportunity to combine all benefits from being an in-house designer focused on specific products with the benefits of having a diverse design team in an agency.
Check out a sneak peek of what your role could look like if you join one of our e-commerce product teams.
If you are experienced in going through the ropes of business requirements and user needs, and can successfully translate them into product strategy, you are the right candidate. Also, if you love to emerge into Information Architecture and concept exploration, and are really intrigued by people and human interaction, you should send us your CV as soon as possible!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work in a dedicated product team in close partnership with the client
- Work on the large consumer-oriented product throughout the whole product lifecycle
- Develop user-focused interactive concepts and prototypes
- Conduct user research and discovery processes
- Cooperate with stakeholders and present solutions to them
- Prepare and lead discovery workshops and design sprints
- Organize user interviews, discovery sessions, brainstormings, and design thinking workshops
- Test and validate design decisions and solutions
- Prepare deliverables like personas, user flows, journeys, sitemaps, wireframes, all the fun stuff
- Critique in-progress design work
- Evaluate the priority and effectiveness of concepts or solutions
- Deliver assets to developers or other team members
- Create, improve and work with design systems
- Educate others and participate in internal or external educations
- Mentor junior team members
- Provide and encourage feedback from other designers or our team
- Propose improvements for project work and processes
- Cooperate with other digital production departments
- Participate in job and product promotion
- Participate in the organization of meetups and other design team activities
- 4+ years of experience in designing digital products
- Experience in managing stakeholder expectations
- Experience in leading the design process from discovery to implementation
- Experience in facilitating design workshops
- Ability to present and argue your design solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively and effectively
- Good understanding of how design shapes a product
- Advanced knowledge of current design tools for prototyping and UI design
- Advanced knowledge of UX processes and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of responsive web design and mobile principles
- Good knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English (B2), both written and spoken
- Excellent organizational skills
- A team player mindset
- A knack for communication
- High standards in visual design quality
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Being an active member of the community
- Being active on designer platforms (Dribbble, Behance)
- Providing links to articles you wrote
- Experience in holding a talk on a meetup or a conference
- Mentoring skills
- Experience in UX research
- Experience in designing e-commerce websites or apps
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 24.000 to 35.000 HRK monthly gross salary
- Opportunity to guide quality of product design on a given product
- Ability to define and upgrade team processes
- Regular 1:1 meetings with Product Design Director
- Structured professional development plans
- Awesome design team, regular design critiques sessions
- Opportunity to become a mentor to junior team members
- Opportunity to learn from the experienced design team
- 13” Macbook Pro + 27” extra monitor
- A smartphone of your choice with a business mobile plan
- Minimum of 24 days vacation
- Fully paid sick leave
- Loyalty bonuses + profit-sharing system
- Parking spaces and secure storage for bikes
- CEO & COO open doors
- Continuous internal and external educations
- Ability to modify your daily working hours according to your needs
- Ability to work from our office or remote
- Awesome team buildings, a dog-friendly office, a lot of informal gatherings
- Tax and legal counseling
- Active club & Multisport
- Most likely some new friends
READY TO APPLY? JUST SEND US THESE FILES:
- Your CV
- Your short motivational letter (tell us why you want to join us)
- Your portfolio (this is a must)
- Links to your Behance and Dribbble profiles (this is an added plus)
Submit your application in Croatian and/or English.