The mission of Bornfight is to build and scale digital products that help people achieve continuous and repeatable success.
Our philosophy of progress through determination, doing things that are challenging and sometimes a bit scary, and going down roads that are unknown, has led us to an incredible amount of success throughout the years. With both big and small projects from numerous different industries and countries, we always try to find something new and exciting that will inspire both us and the client, and keep all of us ahead of the game.
WE’RE HIRING AN ENGINEERING LEAD
We’re looking for a person who can take over the technical leadership of a product we’re building for the travel industry — a booking system that will enable camping sites to increase their productivity. Our ultimate goal is to create a streamlined process from booking to checkout for both guests and back offices.
Salary range we are offering for this position is 25k-40k HRK (gross) — depending on your experience and skill-set.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll be responsible for leading the project from a technical point of view — serving as a tech lead for all development and QA teams on the project. This means that you’ll be responsible for managing the technical feasibility of proposed solutions, as well as any risks including legacy codebase, technical dependencies, infrastructure, performance and quality standards of the produced code.
You’ll work closely with our Product Owner in transcribing client’s business goals into technical results. The PO defines product requirements, while you’ll use your expertise to transcribe them further in order to provide more clarity to the development teams.
In more detail, you’ll:
- Validate and choose the tech stack, tools, integrations and third-party services
- Make sure that development teams are synced about tech solutions and integrations
- Manage decisions about technical debt issues, and promote balance between new features, deadlines and refactoring
- Identify and clear roadblocks for the entire dev team (Backend, Frontend and QA)
- Onboard new developers onto the project
- Monitor the performance of the development team — you’ll do this together with Team Leads
- Assist other team members in their day-to-day tasks
- Improve dev team’s skill-set through code reviews, internal educations and workshops
- Proactively implement new technical processes on the project and improve the existing ones
- Bring extra value to the project by working closely with the client and the product team, and consulting them
- At least 4 years of work experience in web development
- Experience in technical leadership
- Experience with PHP (Symfony)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Good knowledge of software architecture, design patterns and best practices
- Good knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Good knowledge of modern build pipelines and tools (CI/CD)
- Good knowledge of the code review process
- Good communication skills
- A team player attitude
- Good self-organisation & researching ability
- Excellent knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English (B2) language (communication with clients)
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Experience with the React framework
- Experience with AWS services (SQS, SNS, Cognito, Lambda, S3…)
- DevOps experience (Docker, ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes…)
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- A 13” Macbook Pro
- A smartphone of your choice with a business mobile plan
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a team leader, and structured biannual meetings about professional development
- Ability to define new and upgrade existing processes within the team, and change how things are done
- Parking spaces and secure storage for bikes
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines and additional reading materials
- Ability to modify your daily working hours according to your needs
- Lots of internal educations from your colleagues & external educations from industry experts
- Most likely some new friends